main content The Stories Told by Lewis & Clark’s Historic Buildings
- Cooley House living room
- Cooley House (ca. 1928–29) was designed by Ellis Lawrence for Cameron and Claire Squires and built in 1924. Philanthropist Sue Cooley donated it to Lewis & Clark for use as a president’s residence in 2002.
- Corbett House (above), designed by Pietro Belluschi for Hamilton and Harriet Corbett, was completed in 1929. In 2000 the 18-acre property became Lewis & Clark’s South Campus, home to the Graduate School of Education and Counseling, College Outdoors, and other administrative offices.
- Corbett House
- Gatehouse lantern
- Book cover
- Frank Manor House
- Lloyd and Edna Frank with their son and Lloyd Frank’s grandmother, Jeanette Meier
- Fir Acres gardens (ca. 1930)
- Herman Brookman’s architectural plan, main floor, Frank Manor House
- Frank Manor House and garden terraces (ca. 1930)
- Manor house dining room (ca. 1930)
- Cooley House (ca. 1928–29)
- Stephen Dow Beckham, the Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr. Professor of History
L&C Magazine is located in McAfee on the Undergraduate Campus.
MSC: 19
email magazine@lclark.edu
voice 503-768-7970
fax 503-768-7969
The L&C Magazine staff welcomes letters and emails from readers about topics covered in the magazine. Correspondence must include your name and location and may be edited.
L&C Magazine
Lewis & Clark
615 S. Palatine Hill Road
Portland OR 97219